Updated: Apr 18
Let us pray as Jesus did;
This, then, is how you should pray:
'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Come before God, and acknowledge who is He is. Come in awe and wonder of how great He is.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
We have some prayer points to help us with our prayers at this time. As we pray, let's pray for God's will.
* Those worldwide, and in our county, who are suffering from Covid-19
* The persecuted church especially where the virus is rife. Christian's are at the back of the queue for help.
* Our missionaries who are serving the most vulnerable across the world
* The NHS and all those delivering other support services. Thank God for their dedication and sacrifice. Thank God for the new spirit of mutual help and support.
*For neighbour's we speak to, often for the first time.
* Those in our own church family who are sick and suffering, for those living alone and may be feeling low.
* An end to this plague that God will show us what he is doing.
* When churches reopen they will be packed.
* For revival and a newfound excitement and determination to seek God.
Give us today our daily bread.
Ask God for what you need. Jesus is the 'bread of life'.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
Let's ask God for forgiveness and for His help in forgiving others.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
God will lead and guide us if we allow Him to. Ask for his leading during this time.
As we've prayed already for the issues surrounding Covid-19, let's ask for deliverance from this evil virus.
An area of ministry that we would love to remind you of is Prayer cloths. If you, or someone you know is unwell and you would like a prayer cloth then please do get in touch.
A prayer cloth is simply a cloth which has been prayed over. It’s something that is symbolic, and can be a real comfort to someone who is unwell. In Acts we read about this kind of ministry.
'And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.' Acts 19:11-12
We have a designated prayer group, 'PrayerLine' which is made up of our church family who have all opted to receive updates of your prayer requests that have been shared to this group. Everyone who receives the emails will then pray for you.
As a church family we stand together in prayer for situations that may arise.
If you would like to join the PrayerLine or send a request please get in touch with us.
We know that there are times when you may need prayer for a particular situation, which is personal to you and not to be shared with others. Our pastors Vic & Gill and Maureen have made themselves available each night to be contacted with individual requests and they will take time to pray for that particular situation.
If you would like one of our pastors to pray for you then please do get in touch and they will make contact with you.
Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook or Twitter.